Mission Statement

It is my desire that I will not only grow myself, but that I might inspire others to take a step toward their own personal growth.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Moto X Adventures

If you follow me on Google Plus; you may have noticed that I've got a new phone!  I'm now working with the Moto X, and given that it's SUCH a gigantically different user experience I was surprised how much I actually enjoy using it.

My favorite things (so far):

  • Small enough to use easily; and not too small to use for what I actually do with my phones
  • Camera is fast, simple and easy to use (quality of pictures is a bit lower than the Note 2, but I no longer have to struggle to both hold my phone still and take the picture) There are also some pretty cool things it lets you do with your pics after they're taken.
  •  The look of it!  Lines are simple, and it just isn't a flashy phone at all.
  • I have yet to experience that "echo" during a phone call, and I could actually understand what my mumbling older brother was saying the last time he called, and I didn't hear what I said repeated in my ear 2 seconds after saying it.
  • GPS is spot on...  We visited Elmira, NY over the weekend to assist in rebuilding their Level 8 status (and yes, to also Max out our inventory) and I experienced absolutely no drift (granted from time to time GPS signal was completely lost; and took a bit of time to get back, however I might attribute that to the area/Network)
  • I can actually hear a notification from 2 rooms away w/ a door closed.  I could never do this with the Note 2 even with the volume all the way up. 
  • Assist; absolutely has yet to fail at knowing when I am in a moving vehicle!
  • "Okay Google Now" yeah; I absolutely love that this works; and only works for my voice. Yes, my family has tried and failed.
  • Also; Anyone who has ever bought a smartphone knows that the film on the display usually has a bunch of text or whatever on it; to tell you (who they think must be that dumb) where all the buttons are...  The film on this phone has only a small white corner, and is otherwise clear, allowing me to use it while waiting for the ones I ordered to get here.
The stuff I could do without (so far)?:
  • It's a slippery bugger, just like the Note 2 was, only the back panel is prettier (which is helpful since it's not the regular snap-on variety)
  • The battery is NOT removeable, which means when the battery dies; you have to be near a power source
  • Video chatting in low light; not happening.  It just doesn't gather light the way the Note 2 can.

No comments:

Post a Comment