Mission Statement

It is my desire that I will not only grow myself, but that I might inspire others to take a step toward their own personal growth.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Oh boy Google, the inner Geek is not impressed at all this time.

While I was extremely pleased that I received the most recent update to Gmail before my husband did; I find myself still thinking on day 3, how much I still dislike what they've done.

I can see the direction they're going with it, I just prefer to decide what emails go where.  I believe I have expressed my love with Altomail already.  The latest Gmail has tabs which at first glance seem to do the same thing Alto does with "stacks".  The new tabs are pre-set in nature.  You have the option of which to use; however not the option for custom tabs.  I personally find that it is much easier to keep my Ingress related emails separate from my Amazon emails, simply because Amazon is shopping, and Ingress can be a life consuming game if you let it.

I can't say that I was particularly fond of the previous "upgrade" either.  I hold those colorful letters in absolute disdain; rather than simplifying my inbox Google made it more complex, and also continues to give iOS users the mobile app which frankly is better than it's Android "twin".  

No comments:

Post a Comment